Download HMX-Q10 Firmware
The Q10 firmware upgrade will extend the function of the Switch Grip. Before this firmware upgrade, the Switch Grip was only supported while on standby mode, but this firmware upgrade enhances the Q10 Switch Grip functions allowing you to switch your grip while recording or while on pause mode. What an exciting news to all the Q10 users! Download the firmware and upgrade your Q10 now to start an amazing experience.
There are two ways to upgrade to Q10 firmware: One is to upgrade through Intelli-studio and the other way is to upgrade through the website. We’ll walk you through the upgrading process. We’ll walk you through the upgrading process. Please follow the procedures step by step.
#1. Firmware upgrade using intelli-studio
1. Connect the camcorder to the computer.
2. Pop-up window will open. Click on ‘Run iStudio.exe’.
3. When intelli-studio opens, click ‘web-support’ from the menu controls at the top.
4. Click on ‘Upgrade firmware for the connected device’.
5. Check the ‘Update camera/camcorder F/W’ window, check the message then click ‘next’ to move on to the next step.
6. Once the update process is completed, disconnect the USB and turn the camcorder off.
7. Turn the camcorder back on and when ‘Upgrade firmware now?’ message pops up, choose ‘Yes’ to upgrade the firmware.
8. Once the upgrading is done, the camcorder automatically turns itself off.
9. Turn the camera back on. Go to Settings>General>Default set and complete the firmware upgrade.
#2. Firmware upgrade via samsung.com
Connect to Samsung.com. Click on the following link(Q10 Firmware) and you’ll see the page above. Apply the following steps to upgrade firmware.
1. Before you start, you have to format the memory card. Put the memory card into the camcorder and format the memory card.
2. Download the ‘q10.firmware.bin’ file from the website and copy it to the formatted memory card.
3. Connect the camcorder to the computer using an AC adapter.
4. Insert the memory card with the q10.firmware.bin file into the camcorder. Flip open the LCD screen (the camcorder will be automatically turned on) and the following message will appear.
“Upgrade firmware now?”
Choose “Yes”, and it will take about 5 minutes to complete the upgrade.
5. Once the upgrading is done, the camcorder automatically turns itself off. Remove the memory card and turn the camera back on.
6. Go to Settings>General>Default set and complete the firmware upgrade.
* Click on the following link to download firmware. To download the Q10 Firmware,click here.
After the firmware upgrade, you can switch your grip while recording or while on pause mode.